Friday, December 17, 2010

And Off We Go!

I'm baaaack!

So, I've decided that I am going to continue with this blog and just widen it's horizons a bit. So I'm not just going to be blabbing about running. I figured it would still be fun to keep a fitness blog to discuss diet, workouts, exercise equipment and anything else of interest! I'll share some recipes, tips and anything else that I learn which could be useful. They say it's also important to keep an exercise log so this can double as that. I've had to change a few things since I was no long able to run so I'll start to update you on what's new in my ongoing travels through the world of healthy living!

As I mentioned in my last post I've started bodybuilding. Due to my work schedule and my training partner's schedule both being a little helter-skelter I am not on a strict regime. Its safe to say I bodybuild about three times a week and on the other two to three exercise days I do things like crossfit, kickboxing, yoga, walking and hopefully I can add running to the list again soon. I try to keep each week different to have my muscles continuously guessing and I'm always on the look for new challenges or fitness adventures to jump into. And now, I'm going to take you along for the ride!

Since my goals have changed, my diet has also had to have major alterations from my runner's diet. I've had to cut down on the carbs and my caloric needs are not as high. My new diet concentrates on lean proteins, vegetables, good fats and carbs in moderation. I've started counting calories again on most days to monitor my protein and fat intake. Another thing that I have become conscious of is sugar. I wasn't paying much attention to the added sugars that I was consuming on a daily basis and now that I have cut out things like store bought granola I am starting to see real results. More details on that soon.

Anyways just a quick reintroduction to the blog and I'll be back soon!

We're Back...

No comments:

Post a Comment